Running out of I/O ? Then try the BasicATOM40-M 40 pin module. The BasicATOM is a self contained microcontroller. All the hardware necessary for programming it is built in. BS2 Pin Compatible, Easy to use, Upgradable Firmware, Free Software, Includes O'Scope and In Circuit Debugger (ICD).
The BasicATOM software has a built-in In Circuit Debugger (ICD). Instead of spending additional time strategically planting debug statements throughout your entire program wouldn't you rather just watch it execute line-by-line and see what each variable is doing ? You can do just that with the BasicATOM's (ICD). To use the BasicATOM's ICD feature you simply click the "Debug" button. The ICD will display your program and follow its flow line-by-line, highlighting each line as it is being executed on the BasicATOM.
The BasicATOM has built in hardware such as Analog to Digital Converter (A/D), Capture / Compare (CCP), Timers, Interrupts and Pulse width modulators (PWM). Why are hardware features better than software? With built-in hardware the BasicATOM can produce faster and more accurate pulse width modulation (PWM) than can be done in software. Without the built-in hardware like the analog to digital converters (A/D), you would have to purchase additional hardware and your programs would likely increase in complexity.
|14K of Program Space|
|368 Bytes of User / System RAM|
|256 Bytes of User EEPROM|
|33,000 Plus Instruction Per Second|
|Three Hardware Timers|
|Two Capture/Compare modules|
|Two PWM modules (10-bit)|
|Analog-to-Digital converter(8 channels)|
|Buffered Serial Port|
|Built in hardware|
|32bit Integer Bit Math|
|32bit Floating Point Math|
|NTSC Video display generation|
BasicATOM Manual Version 3
BasicATOM Software Version 184.108.40.206
Some of the commands available:
- ADin - Convert up to 4 analog signals to digital values (Uses Built in A/D converter)
- BRANCH - Computed GOTO (equivalent to ON..GOTO).
- BUTTON - Debounce and auto-repeat input on specified pin.
- CLEAR - Clear all user ram locations, setting all variables to zero.
- COUNT - Count Oscillations on PIN
- DATA - Initialize EEPROM with data
- DEBUG - Used in conjunction with the built in ICD.
- DEBUGIN - Used in conjunction with the built in ICD.
- DO..WHILE - Repeat a group of commands while expression is false.
- DTMFOUT - Output DTMF signals on PIN.
- DTMFOUT2 - 2 Pin DTMF, Higher quality signal.
- END - Stop execution and enter low power mode.
- FREQOUT - Output frequency on PIN
- FOR..NEXT - Repeat statement(s) specific # of times
- GOSUB...RETURN- Call BASIC subroutine at specified label.
- GOTO - Continue execution at specified label.
- HIGH - Make pin output high.
- HPWM - Built in hardware Pulse Width Modulation.
- HCAPTURE - Capture internal timer value based on external event.
- HCOMPARE - Set pin when timer value equals compare value.
- HSERIN - Hardware Asynchronous serial input.
- HSEROUT - Hardware Asynchronous serial output.
- I2CIN - Receive Data from I2C device(eeprom)
- I2COUT - Send Data to I2C device (eeprom)
- IF..THEN..ELSEIF..ELSE..ENDIF - Conditional statements.
- INPUT - Make pin an input.
- LCDREAD - Reads RAM on LCD
- LCDWRITE - Send text to an LCD
- LET - Assign result of an expression to a variable.
- LOOKDOWN - Search table for value.
- LOOKUP - Fetch value from table.
- LOW - Make pin output low.
- NAP - Power down processor for short period of time.
- OUTPUT - Make pin an output.
- OWIN - Receive data from 1 wire device
- OWOUT - Send data to 1 wire device.
- PAUSE - Delay (1mSec resolution).
- PAUSEUS - Delay (With in 1us resolution).
- PAUSECLK - Delay based on internal hardware timer.
- PEEK ...POKE - Read / Write specific RAM Location.
- PULSIN - Measure pulse width (10us resolution).
- PULSOUT - Generate pulse (10us resolution).
- PWM - Output pulse width modulation on pin.
- RANDOM - Generate random value.
- RCTIME - Measure time High to Low on pin. (Reading a Potentiometer)
- READ - Read byte from on-chip EEPROM.
- REPEAT...UNTIL - Repeat a group of commands until expression is true.
- RETURN - See GOSUB command
- REVERSE - Make output pin an input or an input pin an output.
- SERDETECT - Automatically detect incoming baud rate (8N1).
- SERIN - Asynchronous serial input (8N1).
- SEROUT - Asynchronous serial output (8N1).
- SERVO - Control analog Servo motors digitally.
- SHIFTIN - Read binary data on PIN w/ Flow control.
- SHIFTOUT - Output binary data on PIN w/ Flow control.
- SLEEP - Power down processor for a period of time.
- SOUND - Generate a specific tone from frequencies 0 to 16000.
- SOUND2 - Same as SOUND but 2 channel 2 Pins.
- SPMOTOR - Control any stepper motor
- STOP - Stop CPU and SLEEP forever
- SWAP - Swap two variable values
- TOGGLE - Make pin output and toggle state.
- WHILE...WEND - Repeat a group of commands while expression is true.
- WRITE - Write byte to any on-chip EEPROM
- XIN - X-10 input
- XOUT - X-10 output