The serial enabled LCD backpack allows you to control a parallel based LCD over a single-wire serial interface. The SerLCD backpack takes care of all the HD44780 commands allowing seamless integration with any micro that can communicate over a wide range of TTL serial baud rates. The SerLCD currently supports 16 and 20 character wide screens with 2 or 4 lines of display.
Communication with SerLCD requires 5V TTL serial at a default baud rate of 9600bps (8-N-1). You can adjust the baud to any standard rate between 2400 and 38400bps. The power, ground and RX pins are all broken out to a 3.5mm pitch screw terminal.
SerLCD has the ability to dim the backlight to conserve power if needed. There is also a potentiometer on the backpack to adjust the contrast.
- New PIC 16F688 utilizes onboard UART for greater communication accuracy
- Adjustable baud rates of 2400, 4800, 9600 (default), 14400, 19200 and 38400
- Operational Backspace
- Greater processing speed at 10MHz
- Incoming buffer stores up to 80 characters
- Backlight transistor can handle up to 1A
- Pulse width modulation of backlight allows direct control of backlight brightness and current consumption
- All surface mount design allows a backpack that is half the size of the original
- Faster boot-up time
- Boot-up display can be turned on/off via firmware
- User definable splash screen
- SerLCD v2.5 Datasheet
- SerLCD Pin Assignment
- SerLCD v2 Schematic
- We aim to educate! Please do not use our code or schematics for commercial use. SerLCD-v2.zip source code
Dimensions: 0.56" x 1.75"
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Questions on Serial Enabled LCD Backpack - SerLCD 2.5
No questions asked yetRegister or Login to ask a question.
- Grove (Arduino)
- Raspberry PI
- Sockets, Strips & Jumpers
- Embedded Linux
- Voice and Sound
- Radio & Wireless
- Display & LED
- Robot Kits
- Mechanics and Materials
- Stepper Motors
- Motor & Servo Controllers
- Garage Sale
808781 Grove - OLED Display 1.12"Excl. Tax:€14.40Incl. Tax:€17.57
Excl. Tax:€21.60Incl. Tax:€26.35
Excl. Tax:€420.00Incl. Tax:€512.40
Excl. Tax:€0.80Incl. Tax:€0.98
Excl. Tax:€29.00Incl. Tax:€35.38
You have no items to compare.
SparkFun Large Digit Driver SOIC to DIP Adapter - 8-Pin
Excl. Tax:€5.99Incl. Tax:€7.31
Out of stock
Adafruit RGB Negative 16x2 LCD+Keypad Kit for Raspberry Pi
Excl. Tax:€23.11Incl. Tax:€28.19
Out of stock