The Useless Box is now sporting 4 metal hinges to hold the lids in place instead of our previously tacky tape. Yes, it's ... Useless! Designed as featured over at Makezine.com. It's a clever electromechanical box that turns itself off after you've turned it on.
This is now a full kit, but you will have to assemble it (requires some soldering), supplying your own soldering gear, batteries, and screwdriver.
Each kit includes:
- 1 x 39300 Black acrylic "Useless Box" construction set (with nut/bolt hardware)
- 1 x Motor set (GM3 Motor and Accessory Wheel)
- 1 x Double-Pole, Double-Throw power switch
- 1 x Single-Pole, Double-Throw retract limit switch
- 1 x 4-conductor ribbon wire
- 1 x 2xAA Battery Pack
- 1 x Double-sided Sticky Tape
- 4 x Miniature Hinges
- 4 x Rubber Feet
- 2 x #4 x 1/2” Motor-mounting Screws
- 5 x #2-32 x 3/8” Limit switch / Finger mounting Screws
- 1 x #2 x 1/4” and #2 Washer set for Accessory Wheel
- 22 x #4 x 3/8” Bolts and #4 Nut sets
- 16 x #2 x 1/4” Hinge-mounting Screws
- 4 x "Little Rubber Feet" to protect your Useless Box from abrasive counter tops!
Sure it's useless... but it keeps your itchy switch-flippin' fingers busy!
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
- Grove (Arduino)
- Raspberry PI
- Sockets, Strips & Jumpers
- Embedded Linux
- Voice and Sound
- Radio & Wireless
- Display & LED
- Robot Kits
- Mechanics and Materials
- Stepper Motors
- Motor & Servo Controllers
- Garage Sale
713613 IOIO-OTG - V2.2Excl. Tax:€34.75Incl. Tax:€42.40
Excl. Tax:€6.21Incl. Tax:€7.58
Excl. Tax:€13.80Incl. Tax:€16.84
Excl. Tax:€84.40Incl. Tax:€102.97
Excl. Tax:€5.80Incl. Tax:€7.08
You have no items to compare.
The Solarbotics Marble Machine Kit - Battery Edition
Excl. Tax:€23.80Incl. Tax:€29.04
Out of stock