This kit contains most of the parts you need to build an Arduino-controlled Zumo robot. It consists of a Zumo Shield for Arduino, v1.2, a Zumo chassis kit, and a Zumo blade. You will also need a pair of micro metal gearmotors, four AA batteries, and an Arduino to complete your Zumo robot (motors, batteries, and Arduino sold separately). This product is a kit; assembly (including soldering) is required.
Note: This product is a kit; assembly (including soldering) is required. Motors, batteries, and Arduino are sold separately. An assembled version is available that does not require any assembly or soldering and includes motors and a Zumo reflectance sensor array.
- One Zumo Shield for Arduino, v1.2
- One Zumo chassis kit
- One Zumo blade
Required Accessories (not included)
- Two micro metal gearmotors. These gearmotors are available in several power options and a wide variety of gear ratios, allowing for a customizable combination of torque and speed. The Zumo Shield can deliver enough power for all of the micro metal gearmotors we carry, including the high-power (HP) versions. Note that some gear ratios are better suited for the Zumo than others; please see the Zumo chassis kit product page for specific motor suggestions.
- Four AA batteries. The Zumo chassis works with both alkaline and NiMH batteries, though we recommend rechargeable NiMH cells.
- An Arduino. The Zumo Shield works with both the Uno and the Leonardo. It is not compatible with the Arduino Mega or Due, but it can be used with older Arduinos that have the same form factor as the Uno, such as the Duemilanove. (Other Arduino-compatible controllers might work with the Zumo robot, but support for them will be limited and they might require modification; for example, one customer got his Zumo robot working with the Freescale FRDM-KL25Z board.)
Pololu Zumo Shield for Arduino User’s Guide (Printable PDF: zumo_shield_for_arduino.pdf) User’s manual for the Pololu Zumo Shield for Arduino.
- Zumo Shield Libraries
- This collection of libraries and examples for the Arduino makes it easy to program an Arduino-controlled robot built with Pololu’s Zumo Shield or Zumo robot
- Simulink Library for Zumo Robot
- This library can be used to program an Arduino-controlled Zumo through MATLAB and Simulink. It provides driver blocks for all the sensors present on the Zumo Robot as well as example models showing their usage.
- How to program a Zumo robot with Simulink
- This tutorial on the Adafruit Learning System guides you through the process of programming a Zumo robot with Simulink.
- Zumo robot tuning tips
- This article was written by Professor Erich Styger for his class on embedded systems programming at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts. It describes various ways to tweak the performance of a Zumo to be more competitive in a Mini Sumo competition. Note that his Zumos use a custom PCB rather than our Zumo shield for Arduino; our shield has a lot of capacitance in parallel with the batteries that generally prevents the “battery inertia” problem Erich describes.
- Freedom Zumo Robot
- This robot is uses our Zumo robot kit, 75:1 micro metal gearmotors, and a Zumo reflectance sensor array. Instead of an Arduino it uses a Freescale FRDM-KL25Z as the microcontroller board, and sample code is available for line following and maze solving. By Erich, March 2013.
|Part. No. :||2509|
Questions on 2509 - Zumo Robot Kit for Arduino, v1.2 (No Motors)
No questions asked yetRegister or Login to ask a question.
341162 2361 - 75:1 Micro Metal Gearmotor HPThis gearmotor is a miniature (0.94" x 0.39" x 0.47"), high-power brushed DC motor with 75.81:1 metal gearbox,falseExcl. Tax:€19.00Incl. Tax:€23.18
341419 1419 - Zumo Reflectance Sensor ArrayThis reflectance sensor module is designed for use with the Zumo shield for Arduino. It has six IR LED/phototransistor pairs falseExcl. Tax:€8.79Incl. Tax:€10.72
342510 2510 - Zumo Robot for Arduino, v1.2 (Assembled with 75:1 HP Motors)The Pololu Zumo robot is an Arduino-controllable tracked robot platform that is less than 10 cm × 10 cm—small enough to qualifalseExcl. Tax:€98.00Incl. Tax:€119.56
343124 3124 - Zumo 32U4 Robot Kit (No Motors)The Pololu Zumo 32U4 robot is a versatile tracked robot based on the Arduino-compatible ATmega32U4 MCU, and this kit containsfalseExcl. Tax:€90.00Incl. Tax:€109.80
343126 3126 - Zumo 32U4 Robot (Assembled with 75:1 HP Motors)The Pololu Zumo 32U4 robot is a versatile tracked robot based on the Arduino-compatible ATmega32U4 MCU.Excl. Tax:€140.00Incl. Tax:€170.80
510048 ROBOT-2WD-KIT2 - METAL ROBOT CHASSIS KIT WITH TWO WHEELS, TWO DC GEAR MOTORS, ONE FREE WHEEL.METAL ROBOT CHASSIS KIT WITH TWO WHEELS, TWO DC GEAR MOTORS, ONE FREE WHEEL.Excl. Tax:€14.00Incl. Tax:€17.08