The S9V11MACMA switching step-up/step-down regulator efficiently produces a finely adjustable output between 2.5 V and 9 V whether it is higher or lower than the input voltage, which can range from 3 V to 16 V. The regulator also has a precision-adjustable low-voltage cutoff with hysteresis that can be used to prevent battery over-discharge. The compact (0.5″ × 0.6″) module can supply a typical output current of up to 1.5 A when the input voltage is close to the output voltage
The S9V11x family of efficient switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) use a buck-boost topology to convert both higher and lower input voltages to a regulated output voltage. They take input voltages from 2 V to 16 V and increase or decrease them as necessary, offering a typical efficiency of over 85% and a typical output current of up to 1.5 A. The flexibility in input voltage offered by this family of regulators is especially well-suited for battery-powered applications in which the battery voltage begins above the regulated voltage and drops below as the battery discharges. Without the typical restriction on the battery voltage staying above the required voltage throughout its life, new battery packs and form factors can be considered.
The different members of this family offer different output voltage options, from fixed voltages with selectable alternatives to adjustable voltages that can be set anywhere between 2.5 V and 9 V using a precision 12-turn potentiometer. Some versions also have an adjustable low-voltage cutoff that can be set anywhere in the 2 V to 16 V output voltage range and used to prevent your battery from over-discharging. This is particularly useful for battery chemistries that can be damaged when over-discharged, including Li-ion and LiPo.
Details for item #2868
- Input voltage: 2 V to 16 V (note: this regulator requires 3 V to start, but it can operate down to 2 V after startup)
- Output voltage: 2.5 V to 9 V (precision-adjustable using built-in 12-turn potentiometer)
- Typical maximum continuous output current: 1.5 A (when input voltage is close to the output; the Typical efficiency and output current section below shows how the achievable continuous output current depends on the input and output voltages)
- Precision-adjustable low-voltage cutoff with hysteresis can be used to protect batteries from over-discharging (quiescent current is approximately 10 µA per volt on VIN when regulator is disabled)
- Power-good indicator can be used to tell when the regulator has reached and is maintaining its target output voltage
- Power-saving feature maintains high efficiency at low currents (quiescent current is less than 1 mA while enabled)
- Integrated over-temperature and short-circuit protection
- Small size: 0.5″ × 0.6″ × 0.25″ (12.7 × 15.3 × 6.4 mm)
Using the Regulator
During normal operation, this product can get hot enough to burn you. Take care when handling this product or other components connected to it.
|Size:||0.5″ × 0.6″ × 0.25″1|
|Minimum operating voltage:||2 V2|
|Maximum operating voltage:||16 V|
|Maximum output current:||1.5 A3|
|Minimum output voltage:||2.5 V4|
|Maximum output voltage:||9 V4|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||N|
|Maximum quiescent current:||1 mA5|
|PCB dev codes:||reg20b|
|Other PCB markings:||0J10534|
- Without included optional headers.
- Note: the minimum startup voltage is 3V, but the regulator can operate down to 2V after startup.
- Under typical conditions, where the input voltage is close to the output voltage. Maximum output current can be higher when stepping down and lower when stepping up.
- Output voltage is set by a built-in precision 12-turn potentiometer.
- With no load. Actual quiescent current depends on input voltage; it is typically under 300 µA when the input voltage is close to the output voltage.
|Part. No. :||2868|
Questions on 2868 - 2.5-9V Fine-Adjust Step-Up/Step-Down Voltage Regulator w/ Adjustable Low-Voltage Cutoff S9V11MACMA
No questions asked yetRegister or Login to ask a question.
Excl. Tax:€4.18Incl. Tax:€5.10
Excl. Tax:€4.59Incl. Tax:€5.60