This breakout board makes it easy to use Toshiba’s TB67S279FTG microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver, which features adjustable current limiting and seven microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). In addition, it dynamically selects an optimal decay mode by monitoring the actual motor current, and it can automatically reduce the driving current below the full amount when the motor is lightly loaded to minimize power and heat. The TB67S279FTG has a wide operating voltage range of 10 V to 47 V and can deliver approximately 1.2 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 2 A peak). It features built-in protection against under-voltage, over-current, and over-temperature conditions; our carrier board also adds reverse-voltage protection (up to 40 V).
This product is a carrier board or breakout board for Toshiba’s TB67S2x9FTG family of stepper motor drivers; we therefore recommend careful reading of the corresponding driver’s datasheet before using this product. This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor and is available in two different versions: the TB67S249FTG can deliver about 1.7 A per phase continuously (4.5 A peak), and the TB67S279FTG can deliver about 1.2 A per phase continuously (2 A peak). (See the Power Dissipation Considerations section below for more information.)
The two versions of this stepper driver carrier look very similar, so you should consider adding your own distinguishing marks or labels if you will be working simultaneously with multiple versions. A white box is provided on the bottom silkscreen of the board to make labeling easier. This product page applies to both versions of the TB67S2x9FTG carrier.
Here are some of the board’s key features:
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Seven different step modes: full-step, non-circular half-step, circular half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Advanced Dynamic Mixed Decay (ADMD) dynamically switches between slow and fast decay modes by monitoring the state of current decay (not according to fixed timing)
- Configurable Active Gain Control (AGC) automatically reduces drive current to minimize power consumption and heat generation when maximum torque is not needed
- Motor supply voltage: 10 V to 47 V
- Maximum continuous current per phase without additional cooling:
- TB67S249FTG: 1.7 A (4.5 A peak)
- TB67S279FTG: 1.2 A (2 A peak)
- Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Under-voltage lockout and protection against over-current/short-circuit and over-temperature
- Open-load detection
- Active-low error outputs indicate over-current, over-temperature, or open-load condition
- Carrier board adds reverse-voltage protection up to 40 V
- Compact size (1.0″ × 1.4″)
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
This version uses a TB67S279FTG driver and can deliver approximately 1.2 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 2 A peak). It can be distinguished by the marking “S279FTG” on the driver IC.
For more information about this driver, please read the TB67S279FTG datasheet (536k pdf).
|Size:||1.0″ × 1.4″|
|Minimum operating voltage:||10 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||47 V|
|Continuous current per phase:||1.2 A|
|Maximum current per phase:||2 A|
|Minimum logic voltage:||2 V2|
|Maximum logic voltage:||5.5 V|
|Microstep resolutions:||full, non-circular 1/2, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32|
|Current limit control:||potentiometer|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||Y3|
|Header pins soldered?:||N|
|PCB dev codes:||md34b|
|Other PCB markings:||0J11196, blank white box|
- 1 Without included hardware.
- 2 This is the input logic high threshold.
- 3 Note: Reverse voltage protection only works up to 40 V.
This product ships with all surface-mount components—including the TB67S2x9FTG driver IC—installed as shown in the product picture. However, soldering is required for assembly of the included through-hole parts: two 1×15-pin breakaway 0.1″ male headers and three 2-pin, 3.5 mm terminal blocks (for board power and motor outputs).
|Part. No. :||2974|
Questions on 2974 - TB67S279FTG Stepper Motor Driver Carrier
No questions asked yetRegister or Login to ask a question.
Excl. Tax:€7.43Incl. Tax:€9.06
Excl. Tax:€24.36Incl. Tax:€29.72
Excl. Tax:€139.71Incl. Tax:€170.45
Excl. Tax:€42.00Incl. Tax:€51.24