The OpenMV H7 Camera is a small, low power, microcontroller board which allows you to easily implement applications using machine vision in the real-world. You program the OpenMV Cam in high level Python scripts (courtesy of the MicroPython Operating System) instead of C/C++. This makes it easier to deal with the complex outputs of machine vision algorithms and working with high level data structures. But, you still have total control over your OpenMV Cam and its I/O pins in Python. You can easily trigger taking pictures and video on external events or execute machine vision algorithms to figure out how to control your I/O pins.
The OpenMV H7 comes with a OV7725 image sensor is capable of taking 640x480 8-bit Grayscale images or 640x480 16-bit RGB565 images at 60 FPS when the resolution is above 320x240 and 120 FPS when it is below. Most simple algorithms will run at above 60 FPS. Additionally, the OpenMV H7 now features removable camera modules which allow you to use the module with Global Shutter and FLIR Lepton sensors for serious computer vision applications. The OpenMV is perfect for applications involving frame differencing, face detection, eye and marker tracking, QR code detection/decoding, shape detection, and more.
- Frame Differencing
- Color Tracking
- Marker Tracking
- Face Detection
- Eye Tracking
- Optical Flow
- QR Code Detection/Decoding
- Data Matrix Detection/Decoding
- Linear Barcode Decoding
- AprilTag Tracking
- Line Detection
- Shape Detection
- Template Matching
- Image Capture
- Video Recording
The STM32H743VI ARM Cortex M7 processor running at 400 MHz with 1MB of RAM and 2 MB of flash. All I/O pins output 3.3V and are 5V tolerant. The processor has the following I/O interfaces:
- Full speed USB (12Mbs) interface to your computer. Your OpenMV Cam will appear as a Virtual COM Port and a USB Flash Drive when plugged in.
- μSD Card socket capable of 100Mbs reads/writes which allows your OpenMV Cam to record video and easy pull machine vision assets off of the μSD card.
- SPI bus that can run up to 100Mbs allowing you to easily stream image data off the system to either the LCD Shield, the WiFi Shield, or another microcontroller.
- I2C Bus, CAN Bus, and an Asynchronous Serial Bus (TX/RX) for interfacing with other microcontrollers and sensors.
- 12-bit ADC and a 12-bit DAC.
- Three I/O pins for servo control.
- Interrupts and PWM on all I/O pins (there are 10 I/O pins on the board).
- RGB LED and two high power 850nm IR LEDs.
- A removable camera module system allowing the OpenMV Cam H7 to interface with different sensors:
- The OpenMV Cam H7 comes with a OV7725 image sensor is capable of taking 640x480 8-bit Grayscale images or 640x480 16-bit RGB565 images at 60 FPS when the resolution is above 320x240 and 120 FPS when it is below. Most simple algorithms will run at above 60 FPS. Your image sensor comes with a 2.8mm lens on a standard M12 lens mount. If you want to use more specialized lenses with your image sensor you can easily buy and attach them yourself.
- For professional machine vision applications you can buy our Global Shutter Camera Module.
- For thermal machine vision applications you can buy our FLIR Lepton Adapter Module.
- LiPo battery connector compatible with 3.7V LiPo batteries commonly sold online for hobbyist robotic applications.
OpenMV H7 Datasheet
|Part. No. :||SEN-15325|
711745 CMOS Camera Module - 728x488This is a high-quality color CMOS camera module. Power the CM-32 module, hook up any display, monitor, or LCD screen with an falseExcl. Tax:€31.38Incl. Tax:€38.28
115225 Grove - Serial Camera KitGrove - Serial Camera Kit includes one control board and two interchangeble lenses, one is standard lens and the other is widfalseExcl. Tax:€30.61Incl. Tax:€37.34
808082 Camera ShieldCamera Shield is the first shield board that support photograph, it is based on the solution of VC0706 + OV7725, the former ifalseExcl. Tax:€29.99Incl. Tax:€36.59As low as:€21.90
808696 Raspberry Pi Camera Board v2 - 8 MegapixelsThe Raspberry Pi Camera Board v2 is a high quality 8 megapixel Sony IMX219 image sensor custom designed add-on board for RaspfalseExcl. Tax:€27.60Incl. Tax:€33.67
809083 Adafruit AMG8833 IR Thermal Camera FeatherWingThis is the Thermal Camera FeatherWing: thanks to the Panasonic AMG8833 8x8 GridEYE sensor, it adds heat-vision to any FeathefalseExcl. Tax:€44.80Incl. Tax:€54.66