The Digital Sandbox Lab Pack includes 10 complete Sandbox kits and 10 add-on packs. The kit has everything you need including the Digital Sandbox main board, hardware, extra components and kit guides. Each DS also includes everything you need to complete 16 circuits that will teach you how to controlling an LED, measuring how loud things are, drive motors, and more. Think of this as a SparkFun Inventor’s Kit all in one board!
SparkFun packages everything educators need to get started with this platform in a number of varieties that fit different classroom settings and populations. The hardware boards, cables, and extra parts come pre-packaged. Examples and curriculum material are available from SparkFun as well as from other educators involved in this growing educational movement.
The LabPacks are SparkFun’s classroom entry point. By combining our Digital Sandbox, ProtoSnap, LilyPad, SparkFun Inventors Kits, or Arduino Compatible through-hole soldering kits with support materials SparkFun brings all the power of the open-source community to the classroom.
By interfacing the Sandbox to your computer via a USB cable, the Sandbox can be programmed using the popular Arduino programming environment. To further simplify the learning experience, we’ve designed the Sandbox and its guide around using a simple, “blocky”, programming add-on to Arduino called, Ardublock. Using ArduBlock – a simple, graphical version of the popular Arduino programming language – you will be able to program all of the experiments with a simple graphical interface instead of writing code.
The full-color Digital Sandbox Guide (included) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong. The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for beginners ages 8 and up.
Included on Board:
- LED Bar Graph
- Slide Switch
- Temperature Sensor
- Light Sensor
- RGB LED
- Slide Potentiometer
- Push Button
- 3-pin Add-On Header
Included in Pack:
- 10x Digital Sandbox Kit
- 10x Digital Sandbox Add-On
- Circuit 1: Exploring Blink
- Circuit 2: Multi-Blink
- Circuit 3: Dimming (the Hard Way)
- Circuit 4: Dimming (the Easy Way)
- Circuit 5: Color Mixing
- Circuit 6: Number Storage with Variables
- Circuit 7: If This, Then That
- Circuit 8: The Reaction Tester
- Circuit 9: Serial Calculator
- Circuit 10: Do the Analog Slide
- Circuit 11: Automatic Night Light
- Circuit 12: Thermal Alert!
- Circuit 13: Sound Detecting
- Eagle Files
- Digital Sandbox Guide
- Experiment Guide
- Experiment Guide (Arduino Companion)
- DS Guide (Separate Circuits)
- Virtual Digital Sandbox - Hour of Code
- ArduBlock & Digital Sandbox Examples:
- Arduino Addon Files (IDE 1.5+)
- GitHub (Example Code & Design Files)
- Product Video
|Part. No. :||LAB-13111|
Questions on SparkFun Digital Sandbox Lab Pack
No questions asked yetRegister or Login to ask a question.