What's going to protect your beloved B+ Pi from an onslaught of rainbow-coloured fusion? That's right, it's the Unicorn HAT.
Sporting a matrix of 64 (8 x 8) RGB LEDs and powered directly from the Pi this is the most compact pocket aurora available.
Unicorn HAT provides a wash of controllable colour that is ideal for mood-lighting, 8x8 pixel art, persistence of vision effects, status indications, or just blasting colour into your surroundings.
- 64 RGB LEDs (WS2812B)
- Python API
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi B+
- EEPROM with Raspberry Pi HAT configuration details
- LED data driven via DMA over PWM
You need a good 2A power supply for your Pi for Unicorn HAT to work. We recommend the official Raspberry Pi power supply.
Raspberry Pi 2 Users! Click here for the latest software updates
- Warning: RGB LEDs are bright enough to cause eye pain, do not look at them directly when brightly lit. We recommend the use of a diffuser.
- Compatibility (Audio): As the HAT uses the PWM hardware and GPIO18, it will interfere with analogue audio playback. HDMI should be just fine though! :D
- Compatibility (Model B): HATs are only compatible with the newer B+ Raspberry Pi. They will not fit nicely on a B. You can hack it to work with a Model B though.
- Compatibility (Pibow): The Unicorn HAT (and other HATs) now work just fine with our range of fine Pibows! If you have any problems getting a hat to fit, email our support ninjas for help and advice.
- Photo-sensitivity warning: Flashing, strobing, and patterns of lights may cause epileptic seizures. Always take care and immediately stop using if you feel unwell (dizziness, nausea, affected vision, eye twitching, disorientation).
Code and Examples
You can find a range of stuff to tame your new cyber-pony on the GitHub repo:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
- Teensy (Arduino)
- Grove (Arduino)
- Raspberry PI
- Sockets, Strips & Jumpers
- Embedded Linux
- Voice and Sound
- Radio & Wireless
- Display & LED
- Robot Kits
- Mechanics and Materials
- DYNAMIXEL Servos
- Stepper Motors
- Motor & Servo Controllers
- Garage Sale
Excl. Tax:€122.02Incl. Tax:€148.86
Excl. Tax:€30.83Incl. Tax:€37.61
Excl. Tax:€47.74Incl. Tax:€58.24
Excl. Tax:€29.83Incl. Tax:€36.39
Excl. Tax:€61.15Incl. Tax:€74.60
You have no items to compare.
Adafruit Perma-Proto HAT for Pi Mini Kit - No EEPROM
Excl. Tax:€5.47Incl. Tax:€6.67
Out of stock
3119 - A-Star 32U4 Robot Controller SV with Raspberry Pi Bridge
Excl. Tax:€45.00Incl. Tax:€54.90
Out of stock